BUTTERSCOTCH @ REDHILL

By 9:02 PM , , ,

"Patience is power."

After a really long hiatus of 2 weeks, I'm back again going places. The feeling of not being able to do what you want is simply horrible. Clearing my leaves and offs while being stuck at home nursing my flu and fever....a painful experience indeed. Whatever the case, finally being able to do what I love is such a liberating and exhilarating feeling.

So what in the world am I doing at Redhill today?


1) First and foremost to borrow books to prepare for the next overseas trip and......


2) To try out the quaint café named Butterscotch within close proximity from the library.

 
This café is definitely unlike the Butterscotch stall at Redhill hawker centre which sells fantastic Char Kway Teow and Fried Rice. It instead, serves up quality desserts and beverages that make staying in the café a pleasant experience.

Ambience:


For some reason, it just felt great sitting by a table in this café whilst enjoying a hot cup of cappuccino. Furthermore, the warm reception from the staff upon setting foot in this café definitely added further points to the whole experience.

 

Sitting in this café while reading some soccer articles and the book I borrowed was really comfortable and I definitely enjoyed my time there.


From my observation, it seems like most of the patrons here are mainly the working class that prefer to just sip a warm cup of coffee while enjoying the peace and quietness that this café provides.

Food:


Just as what the café name suggests, the desserts are filled with rich flavours that captures the heart of those that have a sweet tooth especially. A look at their menu and I knew for sure that I had to try this eye catchy looking dish called "Butterscotch Souffle."


And My Oh My did it blow me away.

Wondering what that metal cup content is?

It actually is thick chocolate that goes seamlessly with the soufflé and vanilla ice cream it is served together with. The soufflé would obviously make one feel bloated but the ice cream does a fantastic job to relief the sated experience. This combination along with the thick chocolate allows one to indulge in a flavourful experience that makes this dish full value for its $15 pricing.

Pricing:


Much like the pricing of the Souffle, main desserts cost around $15 whilst Beverages are priced at around $5. The quality of the food and beverages here certainly makes the pricing reasonable and worthwhile.


If I were to choose, I would return to this café for sure. A comfortable all round cafe experience that makes the heart grow fonder.

 
So with that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place once again.

Stay tuned for more adventures!

Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

0 comments