POULET

By 10:05 PM , , , , ,

 
 

Many of my friends have suggested to me to try out Poulet. Most of them raved about the food and that has left me intrigued to want to find out more myself.

So I'm not going to beat around the bush and I'll go straight to the food experience that I had today at Poulet.

My aunt and I were lucky to get a nice window seat at the branch in the basement of Raffles City Shopping Mall. The first thing that caught my eye in the menu has got to be that picture of the dessert on the last page of the menu.


Peach Clafoutis - "Rustic French-baked Dessert served with Peach and Vanilla Ice Cream"

Those were the exact descriptions on the menu that did me no favours as it made me all the more want to try it after reading. It certainly gave me a solid surprise which capped off a great lunch.

Menu of Poulet:





 

We settled upon a main dish and plentiful of side dishes namely:

1) Escargots
2) Poulet Roti with Mushroom Chardonnay Sauce
3) Poulet Diane(Brown Sauce with Bacon and Mushrooms)
4) Halibut Goujonette(Fillet Sticks)
6) French Onion Soup
5) Peach Clafoutis

We wanted to order the Pizza as well but decided not to as we were simply too full after finishing those Escargots and main dishes. What we had were more than sufficient for the day and definitely worth the money.



The only escargots that I've tried thus far in my life were from 3 other outlets. One from Jack's Place, which happened to be my first time and did not leave me with a good impression of it. Secondly, the ones from Saizeriya, which is my personal favourite due to its relative cheaper pricing and taste that suited me. And Lastly, from a place at Bugis Junction which I can't remember what it was called.

The escargots served were similar to how it is served at Saizeriya. De-shelled and piping hot on a platter. That was great since it looked similar to my favourite escargots. It tasted wholly different from the ones at Saizeriya though. It had a tinge of sweet tasting tomato, accompanied with the hot and fresh tender escargot meat.

This dish stole my heart.

 
Just look at that escargot. <3
 
It looks so sumptuous and taste wise, you just can't get enough of it.
 
Poulet Diane


Poulet Roti with Mushroom Chardonnay Sauce
 
Both dishes shown above are just differentiated by their sauces. The first had a richer flavour like a typical sauce on a Western Chicken Chop. The second being the milder mushroom sauce that does not make you feel as full after finishing the dish.
 
The chicken meat for both was tender and the texture so smooth that it slides down your throat like its not there. For me, the first dish triumphed in this battle of the chickens. The sauce won it for me.
 
Poulet Diane 1-0 Poulet Roti
 
 
One word of advice. Please do not do what my aunt did. I understand the lemon is there for you to squeeze over the fillet sticks but I would recommend you not to.
 
We compared between the taste of a halibut fillet stick untempered and one that was with lemon. The lemon made it sour and kind of spoilt the taste of the fillet sticks to a certain extent.
 
Otherwise, with its crispy fried exterior and a refreshing interior, this dish of $9.90 is surprisingly, worth that money.

 
The "appetizer" that is the fresh onion soup. Sweet and sour taste that provided a good start to the meal.
 
 
Cold Vanilla ice cream on top of the warm baked base concealing the peach. What surprised me was how such a warm and cold combination could work out so well when put together.
 
Taste the vanilla first, take small bites of the spongy base and finally, savour the peach right at the bottom.
 
A great finale to a satisfying lunch

 
I'm thankful for my aunt who always brings me to places to have good dishes. It's occasional but whenever it happens, I appreciate it.
 
 
There are branch stalls of poulet in the following places:
 
Bedok Mall
311 New Upper Changi Road
#B2-31/32
Singapore 467360

Bugis+
201 Victoria Street
#04-12
Singapore 188067

Chinatown Point
133 New Bridge Road
Level 2
Singapore 059413

Great World City
1 Kim Seng Promenade
#02-K2/K3
Singapore 237994

Jurong Point
1 Jurong West Central 2
#B1-57/58/59
Singapore 648331

Kallang Wave @ Sports Hub
1 Stadium Place
#01-17 Kallang Wave
Singapore 397628

Raffles City Shopping Centre
252 North Bridge Road
#B1-65/66
Singapore 179103

Vivocity
HarbourFront Walk
#01-175/176/177
Singapore 098585

Westgate Gateway Drive
#01-07 Westgate
Singapore 608532
Changi Airport Terminal 3
65 Airport Boulevard
Changi Airport Terminal 3
#04-01 Viewing Mall South Level 4
Singapore 819663



Good Food, Good Meal, Good Day.

 
 
So with that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place yet again.

Stay tuned, for more adventures(:

Signing off,
KY

Signing off,
KY






You Might Also Like

0 comments