IT'S NOT ALL CAFES AND FOOD IN TIONG BAHRU(KIM TIAN GREEN)

By 5:30 PM , , ,

"What most people don't understand is that passion the result of action, not the cause of it." -Newport, C
 
 
While most of my friends are out having fun during this Hari Raya, I'm stuck home while waiting for nighttime just so I can meet up with friends. Most of the reasons why they are not free at this point of time are that they either already have plans or they are out with their girlfriend.
 
Is this what being single means when you actually are more aware of such detail? That could probably be one of the reasons why I can have such time to do things like walking around and finding out new things in my area and in others! A good sort of trade off I guess.

Just a few days back, I was loitering around my area and I was actually wanting to find out how the Kim Tian Green area looks like. I have not really been there since I was 12 when the whole renovation(SERS project) started and I'm honestly curious to find out more.

 
Pathway from Kim Tian Road leading to Kim Tian Green
 
How to get there:



The area is now much modernized as compared to the area replete with old flats many years ago. The people staying there might not find it surprising but I myself was quite surprised to discover a hangout spot for the people around there.
 
Keep calm and carry on

I've also noticed a trend that there have already been many articles rife on the net on cafes and interesting places here so I'm going to go with the unconventional and talk about this place instead and a certain coffee shop near Kim Tian Green.
 
I'll leave those cafes for next time.(:
 
How unconventional can this place be?
 
So as I continued walking, I became more and more surprised on where that place actually leads to.
 
 
This open space is quite normal at the end of the whole stretch of housing where events are usually held.
 
But beyond this, there is a stairway that leads up to the resting spot that I was talking about.
 
The first mini shelter you can see from the stairway. Much like a sentry box :/
 
 What you actually see as you go further up
 

 

 
 
This whole area is actually located on the top of a condominium car park.
 
 
 
To top it all off, there is also a playground and fitness corner in this area.
 
Walking to the right of this area will lead you to a bridge which interestingly enough, leads to SGH.
 
 


  
 View from the bridge
  
 
Tiong Bahru isn't rated one of the top few hippest towns in the World for no reason. From its rich history, good food, unique flats and beautiful modern estates, this place is filled with many more interesting things than you can imagine.
 
  
 
  
  
 

Not all hdb areas near condominiums have such beautiful parks to relax and savour the breeze and view. Kim Tian Green exceeds all expectations.
 
Fitness corner check. Playground check. Broad open space check. Beautiful view check. Cooling shelter check. Convenient venue check.
 
There is certainly more to Tiong Bahru than cafes and good food.
 
After a good meal at Tiong Bahru market or after indulging in a good deal of café hopping, why not head over to this venue to chill out with your friends or your other half?
 
 
So with that, let's leave you readers with some good hawker food to talk about.
 
Along Kim Tian Road at BLK 26, there is a hawker area closer to Zhangde Primary School. Don't be confused as there are 2 of those areas along that stretch of blocks. Go to the one closer to the Primary School. Just to reiterate my point.
 
The chilli crab at the zi char stall there is delicieux and fantabulous.
 
 
Just look at the eggs oozing in the sauce. What makes this dish so special is its sauce. It has a thick gravy that is not too spicy.
 
What other interesting hawker foods are there in the Tiong Bahru area? If you think my post is interesting please do share it(:
 
And Feel free to leave a comment!

 
 
With that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place yet again.
 
Stay tuned, for more adventures(:

Signing off,
KY
 
Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

0 comments