First 3 days of Exchange - Malmo and Lund

By 2:53 AM , , ,


Hi readers! It's been a long time since I started blogging about travels and food but I'm back writing about my adventures since I am on an exchange programme. The way I'm writing my entries this time round would be more informal and it would not really be fully on guides, etc. My writing would be more journal-entry like and it basically covers my experiences(:

So with that being mentioned, I shall share with all of you my experience thus far in Lund and Malmo. (I'll leave my solo travel experience in Copenhagen today for another day.)

My experience up till now has been intriguing as I have hor lan-ed(navigating to the wrong place), encountered dubious pickpockets and obviously, travelled to numerous places within the areas of Lund and Malmo. I've only been here 4 days and I have already experienced so much!

Apart from Lund University, the other area I have explored would be Lund Central. We were really fortunate to encounter a snowstorm here in Lund because I heard its quite rare(it only happened once last year!) from a local student. So here are some pictures of the beautiful snow that covered Lund.(the snow hurt the photo quality for most of my pictures unfortunately)















Getting from my hostel, Palsjoang, to Lund Central is simple. Direct buses 6 and 20 take you right to the station where you can travel to other prominent areas like Malmo and Copenhagen. That was basically it for the first 2 days here(with school talks, etc). Encountering a rare snowstorm and finding my friend's lost phone spiced up those 2 days that bit more. And yes, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. My friend did lose her phone and we were lucky to retrieve it back thankfully!

Palsjoang International Student House 





Just yesterday, my group of friends toured Malmo and ended up wandering into Folket's Park and the streets of Möllevångstorget. Initially, we wanted to go over to Pildammsparken to see the pretty parks that we googled but unfortunately, the bus driver led us to the wrong bus and we ended up in Folket's. Folket's was a former amusement park before being reduced to a poor statewhich is quite saddening. It is located within the multi-cultural area of Möllevångstorget where we encountered dubious stares(probably pickpocket stares). Once we realised that, we took a bus out and ended up bus tripping numerous times to random areas of Malmo before heading to IKEA.

I would have thought that the food in IKEA would be the same as Singapore's because they are imported directly but it's not true! The way the meatballs are prepared are different and their salmon as a unique sauce to it!

At Malmo Station




We decided to uber back to our hostel after a long day and this wraps up my experience in Lund and Malmo on the first 3 days!

Stay tuned to more peanut adventures!


You Might Also Like

0 comments