Copenhagen Solo Day Trip

By 1:12 AM , ,


Copenhagen is the beautiful capital of Denmark and is as good as a stone's throw away from the small town of Lund. This makes it a perfect destination for a day trip Westwards especially if you're an international student that is currently enrolled within Lund University. Just a few days ago, I decided to give myself a little more faith and confidence to make a day trip towards Copenhagen, with no company, just, I, me, myself.


Stepping out of my comfort zone feels daunting, scary but exhilarating at the same time. This would also mean that making mistakes would be a norm in this flux of emotion. Thankfully, I did not make much mistakes but 2 that were minor and still annoyed nonetheless.

The first of which, as stupid as it sounds, was taking the wrong train(it terminates at Malmo and does not go to Copenhagen). In a rush, I just took the first train that arrived at the station heading in the correct direction but did not realise that it was terminating at the next station. I just wasted a few minutes of my time otherwise I would have reached Copenhagen much much earlier.

The second of which was the customary SIM card problem. Touring Copenhagen is actually very easy and it has a few convenient Wi-fi stops. Without knowing that fact, I rushed into a decision and purchased a SIM card worth 30SGD but ended up not using it. This occurrence simply annoyed me. Furthermore, I had already downloaded the google map area before travelling to Copenhagen which made navigation internet-free.

There was Wi-fi at the Macdonalds in Copenhagen Station, another branch at the end of Stroget(I'll come to that later) and also near Copenhagen Food Streets near Nyhavn which made the SIM card decision all the more redundant.



Regardless of the mistakes that I made, I still thoroughly enjoyed this thrilling feeling that I had in me when I solo travelled to Copenhagen. It has always been one of the many things in my bucket list and fulfilling it just made it all the more satisfying.

Alright, enough of the wanderlusting that I experienced and I should share with you my experience during my time there!


Copenhagen is actually a really easy place to navigate. Apart from one area where I had to change direction, I was only heading in one direction before reaching the iconic straits of Nyhavn. Before reaching Nyhavn, I breezed past the shopping streets of Stroget and encountered the City Hall and some pretty architecture along the way as well.

Stroget is a street that can satiate any shopping desires that you might be facing at that point of time. It has plenty of product variety ranging from clothings, necessities and even toy shops like Disney and Lego. This street is the perfect appetizer to the main course that is Nyhavn. Here are some pictures of the scenic Copenhagen landscape.


Outside City Hall


Confines of City Hall





 Stroget






Nyhavn






Apart from shopping and sightseeing, I also chanced upon Amalienborg, which had an Italian setting amidst the crowded Copenhagen architecture. It was a breath of fresh air and chancing upon the area by accident made it all the more interesting. As I stepped into the area, I was ushered to the main square straightaway which made me wonder at that point of time what was actually going on. What followed was an eye opener of a performance march.






Marching video at Amalienborg
 




After Amalienborg, I spent abit more time along the coasts and headed to a Cafe at Copenhagen Station. The Earl Grey Tea I had was a great end to my solo day trip to Copenhagen. It was a pleasant and unforgettable experience. After all, this is my first solo trip and I can't wait for more to come!


London awaits in less than 3 days!



So with that, I'll be signing off and stay tuned to more Peanut adventures!

You Might Also Like

0 comments