1 MARKET @ PLAZA SINGAPURA

By 7:55 PM , , ,


After the euphoria of the whole Chinese New Year and 21st birthday events, I am gradually being brought back down to earth as I started on my work just 3 days ago. So before I even get to my post today, I would like to say a sincere heartfelt thanks for those who have been reading my blog since I started on this journey just a few months ago. I haven't been posting regularly I know but with me having a steady flow of income again, I believe I will be doing up more posts on my experiences and hopefully if the chance arises, travel overseas again.



So as I have mentioned, I just celebrated my 21st birthday 2 Fridays ago at Riverview hotel. As of now, I shall save that post for another day and talk about another buffet place that I visited as part of my birthday celebration a few days later.


1Market is an international buffet place started by Celebrity Chef Wan. With a pleasant setting that is comfortable and akin to a hotel place, the venue provides a great experience for diners to enjoy their food in. 



This international buffet has a myriad of food varieties that included chinese delicacies like lian rong bao, japanese delicacies, seafood, malay food and desserts to top off a good meal. So without further ado, here are my top picks of the lunch buffet at 1Market. 


Snow Crab


First up, and definitely my favorite, is this king of a cold dish displayed. The snow crab is the one that has left me with the deepest impression from this place. Not only was the interior of the crab tender, it had this sweet and delectable taste that left me craving for more. Cracking open the pincers was a dangerous experience because of its juicy interiors. 



The crab essence has a tendency to splatter all over even if you controlled your strength to a large extent. The only drawback was the fact that there wasn't much time left and the crabs had to be cleared before I could try more of it. Thankfully, the snow crab wasn't the only good thing from this place. There is simply more good food.


Prawn Skewers

Still within the categories of seafood, these prawn skewers were a good alternative to the Satays offered in 1Market. The prawn skewers had a fragrant barbecued flavour and the meat within is succulent which you simply feel "shiok" by biting and swallowing it. The plates that hold these prawn skewers have to be constantly refilled due to its never ending high demand. No surprises that it gets cleared at a rapid rate with a taste like that.


Satay


Skewered meat always appear so tempting sitting on their plates. Piping hot satay served in 1Market does not disappoint with its tasty hot and tender meat. They are not difficult to chew on and removed from the sticks which makes eating them a much more comfortable and pleasant experience. It certainly helped that the satay sauce, with its strong and thick nutty taste, blended so well with the satay meat.


Laksa

Spicy laksa has a tendency to overwhelm one's tastebuds. This laksa base is not overwhelming in its spice and is also thick enough to savour in. 



The noodles were a joy to consume along with the fresh prawn and eggs that it is being served with at the counter. It might not be the best laksa I have ever tasted, but it is certainly good enough to warrant mention here on this page.


Prices


As you can see from the picture, the price range of buffet and high tea easily hits above $35. Unlike many of the other overrated buffet places, 1Market is able to provide quality food for its customers. Value for money is a certainty here at 1Market.


If I had the chance again, I would definitely pay a visit to 1Market to have buffet there once again. Even up till now, I miss the sweetness of the snow crab and flavorful of satays this place can offer.



So with that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place again.

Stay tuned for more adventures!

Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

0 comments