GENKI SUSHI @ ORCHARD CENTRAL

By 1:11 AM , , , ,


 "Time is what prevents everything from happening at once." ~John Archibald Wheeler

It's been one hell of a week so far for me. Thrown into the fray to become an emcee, finishing up my final ever Duty, completed plenty of admin matters be it MMRC and IPPT, going for my friend's 21st... I've really grown to know even more about myself after the exploits of this eventful week.

Speaking the obvious, the best way to reward myself is to indulge in good food once again. My uncle's birthday was the perfect opportunity to do just that. Not only could we have good food, I could also take the chance to talk about the place we are visiting. Our initial first choice was Supply and Demand but we settled upon the alternative - Genki Sushi.

If you have been reading my blog, by now, you should probably already know that I'm an avid fan of Japanese food especially sushis. I swoon over them. If I have a girlfriend, I would be obliged for sushis to be the third party in that relationship. Jokes aside, let me carry on with my elaboration of Genki Sushi.

How to get there:

Situated at the heart of Orchard Road within the artistic confines of Orchard Central, Genki Sushi serves up a host of creative and unique dishes that are bound to make you fall head over heels over them.

GENKI SUSHI ORCHARD CENTRAL
181 Orchard Road, #03-32, Orchard Central

Pricing:



With the high rental fares which are definite at Orchard Road, it is understandable that the dishes in the place are relatively more expensive as compared to the competitors of Sushi Tei, Sakae Sushi, etc. At a price range of $3.80-$4.50, you are able to get cheesy flavoured sushis, sashimis, cheese fries and root beer with float just to name a few of the dishes. Your cravings and appetite can easily be satiated through an aggregate spending of $35, which is extremely reasonable for an A la carte buffet.

For more details of the menu, you can access their main webpage: http://www.genkisushi.com.hk/Genki/brand/html/en/menu.cfm

It is actually the Hong Kong site as the Singapore website is currently under maintenance.

Here's the URL for the Singapore site:
http;//www.genkisushi.com.sg

Food:

 

For sure, it's definitely impossible for me to try out all the food from that place but I'm just going to share about those that I've tasted on the day. So here goes!


How can a Japanese buffet ever be complete without slurping down those Chawan Mushis first? Fresh, smooth and filled with crabmeat and mushrooms, the Chawan Mushi served at Genki Sushi fits all criteria to be a cracking appetizing dish.


Probably the best dish in Genki Sushi, the sashimi sushis come in a plate of 3. The one in the middle however, steals the whole show. Seared cheese coated over the sashimi(Eburi Sushi) had a priceless taste that was unique and definitely not what one would expect while trying out sashimis.


The side shows weren't bad as well. Normal coated cheese sashimi sushi and pure sashimi sushi are a great tandem to complement the taste of the Eburi Sushi.

 
 
Moving on, we tried the tempura udon. The tempura flakes made an interesting appearance and provided a good flavour to the udon.
 
 
I would however, prefer to eat the flakes first to immerse myself in a crunchy bite before going to try the udon and tempura pure.
 
 
Apart from these dishes, intriguingly, Genki Sushi was able to provide something outside of a Japanese food store stereotype.
 
 
These dishes include fried chicken, cheese fries and even root beer with float.
 



 
Besides the food, Genki Sushi also provides a decent experience during your time dining there. Orders come through a "sushi train" which you don't get to see very often and you are able to return your empty dishes on the "sushi train". All in all, It not only provides an intriguing dining experience, it is also able to serve delicious sushis and Japanese food alike. Genki Sushi is a sure fire recommendation from me if you love Japanese food.
 
 
In actual fact, I wouldn't be talking about places or food that doesn't serve to value add my blog. With the final chapter to my duties being effectively closed and my ORD date inching ever so near, hopefully, I would be able to clear some time in the coming weeks to plan proper food trails to follow so that I can share them here on this webpage. My posts have been infrequent especially recently due to my hectic schedules and fatigue and that is why I simply cannot wait to have more free time.
 
Other outlets:

GENKI SUSHI CHINATOWN POINT
133 New Bridge Road
#02-33 Chinatown Point
 
One upcoming branch at BUGIS+
 
 
 
So with that, Peanut has left another marker on a food place once again.
 
Stay tuned for more adventures.
 
Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

0 comments