MENICHI @ NORTH POINT

By 11:46 PM , , , ,

 
'You piss me off you Salmon... You're too expensive in restaurants." Eddie Izzard

 
 
Just taking a leaflet out of Eddie Izzard's(comedian) plentiful of memorable quotes. Whatever that comes with salmon, you usually don't get them cheap. It's true. I love salmon be it sashimi, cooked, etc, but money is always a problem. But here's the main problem:

I have been really busy recently caught up with army related work and this has forced me to shelf my posting plans for the time being.

Amidst all that hectic lifestyle, I've managed to squeeze some time to go to a couple of food places and I'm extremely eager to share them with everyone^^ 
 
 
Ippudo Ramen
 
Let's be honest, ramen is probably one of the more common dishes that you can find around at any shopping mall in Singapore. I've tried ramen at many venues, be it Ramen champion, Ippudo Ramen or Ajisen Ramen, etc. These places have their good points but they don't make perfect ramen.
 
 
The one I tried 2 days ago was certainly not perfect but on first try, it actually trumps the rest of the usuals.
 
 
This ramen place is none other than Menichi
 

Location:




930 Yishun Avenue 2
#01-22/23 Northpoint
Singapore 769098


I couldn't actually believe at first when my friend told me that the ramen at this place is good and even beats Ippudo Ramen at Mandarin Gallery. I have never even heard of the existence of this place before and you don't get to hear such things about ramen especially when it's from a less heralded location. The thing about ramen is this. It usually fails to live up to expectation at a staggeringly good rate.
 
You got that right my dear Cat.
 
 
I've been jio-ed to dine at Menichi in North Point but every single time, I'm always caught up with some nonsense or random matters from out of the blue.
 
This time round coincidentally, I was attached to help out at Mandai Hill Camp over the week and thus, provides me with the opportunity to go to North Point to try that ramen out!

 
It is safe to say that with that ramen experience, it effectively brings me to the conclusion that:

My friend was right. This place serves kickass ramen xD

 
 
 
 
The backdrop of the venue was as per normal with no unnecessary gimmicks.
 
It has a Japanese-like sort of setting(duh!) but with not much of a crowd. In addition, the staff there was polite for this North Point branch which provided quite a pleasant dinner experience.
 
What I liked about this place is how it actually imbues a distinct lively Japanese atmosphere into its simplistic setting and makes them conspicuous via a few ways. 
 

1) The table layout. Especially with the paper on it talking about ramen fun facts.


2) The way it's menu has got cute Japanese caricatures to imply messages.
 



Fine details like these brings out a different side to eating and makes the whole experience unique and fun. With pictures on menus, you know roughly what to expect in your meal and subconsciously makes you hungry.

 
A pity that I only managed to try out only one dish there. But that was sufficient to leave me a good impression of the place(:
 

On the day, I tried salmon teriyaki ramen. It seems a rather uncommon ramen which is true to a certain extent:
 
How can the teriyaki sauce blend with that ramen soup broth?
 
 
In fact, the dish was able to blend these 2 elements well and did not affect the entire ramen dining experience. The soup broth still stood out even in the face of the teriyaki sauce.
 
Sometimes, it could be confusing as to which actually is the main attraction of the dish. Whatever the case though, the ramen was satisfying and it made me happy.
 


 

Delicious salmon to fill my tummy before my driving lesson.


Other Branches:

Jurong Point #B1-54 (closed for renovation)
1 Jurong West Central 2

#B1-79 Nex
23 Serangoon Central
Tel: 6634 4638
Daily: 11:00am -10:00pm
(Last Order: 9.30pm)

 
 
So with that, Peanut has left another marker on a food place.
 
Stay tuned for more adventures!
 
Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

0 comments