BEDOK NORTH BLOCK 85

By 1:43 AM , , , , ,


"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

I would say that the East Area is my home away from Home. My past schools and my current camp are all in that area. Needless to say, it easily explains why most of my friends stay in that area. It makes meeting up with them all the more inconvenient.

But I decided to make the trip down all the way to Bedok this time round as I was thinking about that awesome Bak Chor Mee I had a few months back.



I knew.

I had to try it again.



After much dilly-dallying, all of us finally met up at a very late hour of 9pm.

Surprise surprise, another hawker centre that is still bustling with life at that hour. From what I know, this hawker centre only closes at around 2am.




Operating Hours:

5pm-2am


How to get there:





But....

Bad news the moment we stepped into the hawker place:

That famous hokkien mee stall is closed!

I'm not sure if it's relocated or if its just under renovation. But Hopefully, it's only just the latter~

That aside, I'm mainly here because I wanted to try that bak chor mee oh so badly. I wonder if there are any changes to the standard of it.



#01-07: Xing Ji Rou Cuo Mian:

The thing is, I might not be the biggest guy around but I sure do have one hell of an appetite! The first victim of my big bad appetite was the Bak Chor Mee. It still is up to standard and had those memorable meaty pork balls and unique soup base.





#01-23: Chai Chee Pork Porridge:

Apart from the Bak Chor Mee, I did try 3 other dishes here and this porridge was one of them. For me, the one at Tiong Bahru is still better but I wouldn't say that this is a bad choice by itself!



Sighh... The more I write this post, the hungrier I get. Writing a food post at 12am is not the way forward but I really don't have much of a choice for now. #armyproblems

So moving on..


The star pick of the food at Block 85 has got to be this Stingray.


#01-24: Chan BBQ

The Sambal Belachan coating over its fresh tender meat.

When it came on that hot platter, the strong scent of the sambal belachan overwhelmed me.



Yes.It did.



That large portion of sambal belachan stayed in my system and caused much problems for my nose when I wanted to sleep.

The smell.... was that strong.

So beware!

Despite all the fuss over the smell, the stingray left a good lasting impression on me.


I thought to myself:

If I eat such good food everyday, I will grow fat happy.

 
Instead of buying satay from the stall beside it, I decided to go for these oily glazoned chicken wings. 


 
#01-12: Sin Bedok North BBQ Chicken Wing

Talk about having a good stall name. It was such a sin as I bought 6 chicken wings all to myself and finished every single one of them. They were butter marinated and that enhanced the taste of these chicken wings. The servings come fast and you do not have to wait long to get them. It is safe to say that these chicken wings don't make one full. Taking 6 all by myself didn't make me feel bloated at all.


The only drawback to this hawker centre is that it is highly inconvenient because of its location. You would still have to take a bus down for 4 stops from the interchange just to reach this place. Apart from the bad location, it is still worth a go to make your way down to Block 85 to try out the food. They are worth the time spent travelling there.
 
 
 
 
So with that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place yet again.

Stay tuned, for more adventures(:

Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

1 comments