THE DAILY SCOOP @ SEMBAWANG

By 11:52 PM , , , ,



Countdown of less than 24 hours and I will be on the coach for my first post-ORD trip. Yes I know. It's Malaysia that I am going to. Singaporeans usually go there. What can be so interesting and exciting about a trip there?

Intriguingly, I have a theme park, hot spring and plenty of food and shopping to look forward to during my time in Ipoh over the next 4 days. I simply cannot wait. Being overseas to satiate my wanderlust mood is still awesome.

Since I am going to be MIA for the next few days, why not just do one last post before my trip?

So......to start things off, I need to backtrack abit.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, I was still.....wearing green and serving the nation.

It was a time when trainings were tough and superiors demanding which is why feeling frustrated is an inevitable emotion to experience.

So one fine day after a Nsman IPPT, we wanted to have a satiating meal for our empty stomachs before we made our way back to camp. Discussions amongst the 3 of us(my officer, clerk and myself) were intense and we could not decide upon what we wanted to have for our lunch.

And then, we saw....a dessert place outside the stretch of road of Nee Soon Camp.


It was none other than," The Daily Scoop."


What made this moment all the more gratifying was that it was a really torrid, hot and long day for all of us. Thinking about ice cream and savouring it was an emotion to revel in.

Ambience:

 

We were greeted with a really vibrant setting the moment we stepped foot into the Daily Scoop. What was great about the ambience was that, it had a very spacious feel about it, probably because of the bright setting of the place.


Its location isn't the most accessible but it still had customers ranging from students, the working class and if you include us, soldiers searching for food to satisfy our tummy.


The seats were comfortable and there was an overall pleasant feel to the whole place.

Food:


 
Ice cream isn't always the best option for lunch but in this scenario, it was still a decent position that we could be in considering how we felt then.


What we ordered then was the raspberry and rum flavour. Mine had waffle along with it.



The raspberry provided a sour yet sweet experience whilst the rum flavour had that tinge of alcohol to it. I am not a fan of rum but it provided a decent flavourful experience. I liked the waffle they provided and all in all, good food for our stomach and soul.

Pricing:


As NSFs then, I felt that it had a reasonable price as can be seen from the picture and I would say that it is affordable to people from all walks of life.

It is not considered dirt cheap but definitely, worth every penny if you try it.

Location and other branches:


41 Sunset Way
#01-04 Clementi Arcade,
Singapore 597071
Tel: 6463 3365

43 Jalan Merah Saga
#01-78 Chip Bee Gardens,
Singapore 278115
Tel: 6475 3128

369 SEMBAWANG ROAD
#01-05 Sembawang Cottage,
Singapore 758382
Tel: 6754 1233
 
Operating Hours
: 11am - 9pm
: 11am - 10pm
: 2pm - 9pm
 

So with that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place.

Stay tuned for more adventures!

Signing off,
KY

You Might Also Like

0 comments