MALAYSIAN FOOD STREET @ RWS

By 2:11 AM , ,


Time flies when you're having fun. That is always the case isn't it..?

It's almost 2am and I am still up doing this post and revelling in this state of relaxation and enjoyment. I am indeed feeling pensive at this point in time. The million dollar question I would usually ask myself after every event is this - Do I have any takeaways from it?


 You sure bet I do for this Resorts World Sentosa Staycation.

That is why I have decided to cover 2 food places in this area over 2 posts. The first of which encapsulates plenty of flavour from our geographical neighbour - The Malaysian Food Street.


After trying out the food at Malaysian food street situated not too far away from Hotel Michael, I do have my top 5 favorites that I would like to share.



So Without further ado...I shall commence!



Penang Hokkien Mee:

Unlike the eye catchy yellow noodle persona that the usual hokkien mee has, the Penang hokkien mee is coated with a deep black colour that has no intention of catching your attention. As the saying goes," you don't judge a book by its cover."



 
It's appearance holds no semblance as to how the noodles actually taste when they get in contact with your tastebuds. Add on the chilli to the noodles and you will get a flavourful experience that will definitely not disappoint.



Waiting time for this dish can be long during the peak timings of lunch and dinner but it is well worth a try.



Satay:



"Do you know the satay man, the satay man, the satay man?" Well in this case, I obviously don't but the person who served my family when we purchased the food was a really friendly individual.


The minimum amount of satay sticks one can order is 10 and $0.80 per stick is still reasonable considering the venue probably has got high rental rates. Probably my second favorite dish behind the hokkien mee, I would give the Satays a thumbs up for the deliciousness it offers.




Rojak:



The stall selling rojak in Malaysia Food Street is severely undermanned. But despite the lack of manpower, take nothing away from the rojak this stall serves to its customers.



Fresh tasting fruits and the extremely scrumptious you tiao coated with the delicious rojak sauce is the perfect appetizer to a meal there.

Fritters:



 
I have always loved the idea of putting aside many different food ingredients separately and trying their original taste one by one. Fritters are one of the best way to do so as you have the option of trying the food solely with its original taste or you can dip it with the sauce prepared from the stall.

Sauce wise and food wise, this stall doesn't match up to the one found in Maxwell Food Market. Even price wise, it is slightly more expensive than the one at Maxwell stall. In spite of that, the fritters are freshly prepared and I would still go for it. This stall is located right beside the Prawn Mee stall which I am going to talk about next.




Prawn mee:



I had a hard time deciding between putting the Prawn Mee or the Bak Kut Teh on my list but eventually, my heart just had to tell me that it's the prawn mee.


Bak Kut Teh
 
More ingredients and an equally tasty soup base equates to a hearty and fulfilling meal that the prawn mee managed to offer.


 
 

 
I was really expecting much much more from the Oh Chien and Char Kway Teow available at Malaysia Food Street. Instead, they were 2 of the most disappointing food types the Malaysian Street Food offered.
 
 
Apart from that, there are still many other dishes available there.
 
Like the chicken rice ball.
 
 
To be honest, it wasn't my first time at this place and I was eager to know if some of the food types improved. Some stagnated, some declined but there were surprisingly no improvements from 2 years back!

 
 
Regardless, quality food is still available at Malaysian Food Street and the food was still one of the reasons why I had a really great time during my staycation.


So with that, Peanut has left a marker on another food place.
 
Stay tuned for more adventures!
 
Signing off,
KY
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments