TIONG BAHRU GALICIER PASTRY

By 2:37 PM , , ,

"I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert."

This quote typically sums up my thoughts after patronising this bakery stall. After a good long workout yesterday, I just had to stumble upon this Bakery near my place. I couldn't help it but to purchase a few nice snacks in spite of all those calories burnt in the Delta gym.


This bakery shop within close proximity to the bus stop houses plentiful of delicious cakes and pastries for one to savour. Its setup provides a nice throwback to the traditional bakeries that are replete during my adolescent times. It consists of a nice frontal display view of cakes plus a rear kitchen where the pastry delights are being created.


How to get there:
   


#01-39, 55 Tiong Bahru Road

Opening Hours:

Closed on Mon, Tue to Sun: 9.00am - 9.00pm

Food:


Atypical of a Pattiserie place, this bakery provides cakes, ondeh ondeh, delicious tarts and some trademark pastries that you do not actually see around in a usual bakery stall. The appealing pastries on display were too enticing for me to just walk around and not buy anything. Thus, with the suggestion from the extremely friendly shop owner, she introduced me to try out their trademark pastry - Butterfly cake.



The Sugary coating, soft texture, creamy exterior and the cherry topping are a great mixture that brought out the flavour in this delightful cake. The ingredients that are in this cake makes the $2 slightly more worth it but in my opinion, is still a wee bit expensive. To think that the shopowner thought I wanted to get one of this for my girlfriend when I don't even have one...




Amongst others, I tried the pineapple tart, almond cherry tart and ondeh ondeh. They were well baked and topped off with great finishing to make them look so appetizing.

Pineapple Tart
 
Almond Cherry Tart

More pictures of the display 


P.S. Pardon my mistake on my instagram post as I quoted it was a Strawberry Butterfly cake when it actually is a cherry as the topping.
Pricing:

Ultimately, with good quality food, comes a more exorbitant value. This is the true story here. While I wouldn't say that this bakery stall sells pastries that are beyond expensive, some of the products here are still considered to be by me. Lapis for $5? Cherry butterfly cake at $2?


Even the sushi plates from my previous post are cheaper than them. This line pretty much sums up my thoughts on the pricing of the pastries.


To be honest, I can't believe that I spent an hour walking around the vicinity of Tiong Bahru Market and Seng Poh Road after my gym workout. I spotted many stalls and I wanted to try a certain Tiong Bahru Bak Kut Teh. Unfortunately, it is closed and maybe just maybe, I would try it today.


For now, I'm satisfied as this bakery has definitely left a good impression in me.
 

Them tarts, them cakes.

I simply love Tiong Bahru.


So with that, Peanut has left another marker on a food place yet again.

Stay tuned for more adventures.

Signing off,
KY
 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments