REASON I AM STARTING A BLOG~ THAILAND/BANGKOK(PART 3)

By 9:18 PM , , , ,

 
 
  
"The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen

Touchdown at Don Mueng airport was an exhilarating feeling. I was on my 4th overseas trip of the year and i couldn't have felt better in such unchartered territory. I knew I was in for an exciting experience as we walked towards the exit and saw a 3G shop selling SIM cards. The gesticulating Thais in the shop were friendly and keenly helped us to change our SIM cards. With the Thai3G and google maps all ready, it was time to conquer the land of smiles!

Truth be told, what hit us next completely caught us off guard. The cabbie that transported us scammed our money as he simply quoted a pricing without switching on his cab meter. And....Just like that, my 500 baht flew out of the pocket.

Lesson no.1 in Thailand! Never let a cab driver quote a pricing. Remember to ask if he is using the meter before boarding otherwise you will just gain more expenses. Ever since, we had a few interesting cab experiences with cab drivers.
1) An over enthusiastic cab driver who loves Maroon 5
2) A cab driver who got lost by driving around the streets near the hotel
3) A cab driver who wanted to bring us to a red light district and best of all,
4) A perfect storming out of a cab because the retarded cabbie wanted to charge us an outrageous 800 baht!

Come on it's like I'm paying for your full day rent! And come to think of it, we really should have stormed out with our luggage and left the cab doors open!

Too bad I had some regrets for this trip. I have always loved travelling but I never thought of going the extra mile of starting a blog until the 4th day of the trip when I somehow ended up travelling alone for more than half the day. The freedom was so much to savour. At that moment, I felt like I was living a life. Such a feeling of joy and passion in my heart has never ever been experienced in my 20 years.

 

I knew this was what I wanted to do. I knew I would have the passion to go the extra mile and achieve and explore greater things.  Travelling and sharing my experience even as a pastime would more than suffice.
 
Throwback moment to China Suzhou overseas trip
 
 
I must say that this Thailand trip was essential for me.

It most certainly was unexpected as I went with my Officer for this trip to celebrate his birthday. It seems odd I know but I'm thankful that this trip has materialised for my greater good!

Now that I know that travelling is a big fat MUST in my life, I would savour travelling as long as I'm alive. I'm going to fight for my dreams and prevail in my challenge. Seeing the world, improving myself and sharing my experience with everyone when the opportunity arises. Simply put in words.
 


That is why I regret not taking more pictures for my Thailand trip. I mean, a picture speaks a thousand words right? I know I would return there someday again to take those pictures but I am most definitely going to explore other countries and cities first. Honestly, what took me so long to realise this?
 

 
This young heart of mine won't waver in this challenge.


You Might Also Like

0 comments