SERENE CENTRE

By 8:00 PM , , , , ,

The journey itself is home – Matsuo Basho, Japanese poet

Well what I expected today totally didn't happen at all. I didn't expect myself to oversleep. I didn't expect myself to be stuck in a jam on a cab. I didn't expect myself to discover places that I didn't know existed in the first place...

Waking up at 12.45pm made me want to just stay home the whole day and not play cage.

Alas it wasn't what life had planned for me today.

Cabbing there and missing the entire cage session after Joel asked me to go for it..


On a side note, Grand stand is quite an interesting place. Apparently it was the old horse racing venue but now replaced with a modernized shopping centre which I'm sure I would want to explore in the near future!


Side view of the Grand Stand 

A walk through Pasar Bella and the smell of food serenaded me. Tempting but good things are meant for waiting^^ it turns out I explored Serene Centre instead, which is just walking distance away from the Botanic Gardens MRT Station.


The 2 storied Serene Centre is easily accessible via Bus and MRT. Despite being a small mall, there are still 3 interesting attractions in it.

First of all, it is a shop on the first level which sells and rents a huge variety of DVDs. It's named TVBI and actually has lots of old and recent movies. If you're one of those that loves watching movies, here's a decent place to rent them from.

TVBI

Next, the second level has got 2 alike shops side by side. An unnamed shop and the other being toy station. Toy station sells board games and toy figurines which a kid would probably love to have in his collection. I found these beauties(Architecture Lego Figurines) while I was there which got me buzzing for a moment until I saw the price. Somehow I still feel that it was worth it to buy that Lego figurine although I didn't get it in the end.

ToyStation

Unnamed Shop


 Lego Architecture Figurines

People who know me would know that I'm a huge huge pokemon fan. Yes I know I'm 20 but who cares honestly! The Lego pokemon figurines I found in the other shop costs around $15 and those weren't the only intriguing items I found. They even sold retro games that were played during my childhood times and Lego figurines for Disney characters.

Pokémon Lego Figurines



Maleficent Lego Figurines



It's fascinating how such an unspectacular looking building can house such shops.

Island Creamery
 
Leaving the best for the last, Island Creamery located on the first level has got to have one of the best ice creams I have ever tasted. Forget cold stone and gelateria, creamery trumps them all. With its interesting array of flavours, it can whet the appetite of anyone who's looking for a nice dessert.

Apple Pies



Wide Array of Flavours including Nutella, Ping Pong Milo, etc.
 

Haven't tasted such good Ice Cream Waffle since Taiwan a few months back

Pictures at the side of the stall

It appears that it is quite a popular hangout spot for students and rightly so. This location isn't the most populated one and is a good spot to just chill and study in especially so for students who are studying around in the vicinity.

And with that, I guess that's enough adventure for now~ It goes to show how unexpected things can happen in a single day. Till next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments